UNG provides access to EGI advanced computing services provided by EGI’s federated cloud providers and data centres.
Run virtual machines on demand with complete control over computing resources
Cloud Container Compute
Run Docker containers in a lightweight virtualised environment
Execute thousands of computational tasks to analyse large datasets
Manage computing workloads in an efficient way
- Storage and Data
Store, share and access your files and their metadata on a global scale
Transfer large sets of data from one place to another
Access key scientific datasets in a scalable way
Login with your own credentials
Applications on Demand
Share online applications for your data and compute-intensive research
Create interactive documents with live code, visualisations and text
Learn how to manage IT services with a pragmatic and lightweight standard
ISO 27001 Training
Learn how to manage and secure information assets
Dedicated computing and storage for training and education
The EOSC DIH as an international and multi-partner cooperation supports companies in easily accessing the digital technologies and services offered by the EOSC. It combines 4 main pillars to help companies become more competitive:
1) Pilot design and co-design: where pilots services or products are designed and/or tested;
2) Technical access: HTC, HPC, cloud computing, machine learning, research data, data management services, and several tools and applications;
3) Training and support: technical consultancy, business coaching, funding search;
4) Visibility: inclusion of company solutions in the EOSC Marketplace and exploiting the EOSC networking and ecosystem opportunities.
Ukrainian National Grid, as national grid e-Infrastructure (NGI) in Ukraine offers support to local researchers services in the following areas:
- Computing and storage resources
- Consultancy services
- Software development
- Integration of applications (porting)
The EGI e-infrastructure is publicly-funded and comprises hundreds of data centres and cloud providers spread across Europe and worldwide.
- The EGI Federation offers a wide range of services for compute, storage, data and support. More about EGI Services.
- The EGI Federation provides access to +1,000,000 computing cores and +740 PB of disk and tape storage. More about the federation.
The EOSC DIH as an international and multi-partner cooperation supports companies in easily accessing the digital technologies and services offered by the EOSC.
EOSC DIH is registered in the S3platform of the European Commission.
The EOSC-hub project is responsible for the creation of the EOSC DIH and provided its initial funding. The project mobilises providers from the EGI Federation, EUDAT CDI, INDIGO-DataCloud and other major European research infrastructures to deliver a common catalogue of research data, services and software for research.
The Ukrainian National Grid (UNG) is an e-infrastructure set up to share and manage the resources of 26 Ukrainian institutes and universities. The UNG has 14 clusters fully integrated in the EGI Federation since June 2012. The Ukrainian resources are available to researchers through 9 Virtual Organisations (VOs):
- CMS and ALICE – High-energy physics
- MolDynGrid – Molecular biology;
- Medgrid – Medical grid-system for research in the field of cardiology;
- SysBio – Reconstruction of gene regulation networks;
- MatModEn – Mathematical modeling in energy problems;
- CompuChemGridUA — Quantum chemistry;
- Мultiscale – Solution of a wide range of scientific and applied problems;
- GEOPARD – Calculation of three-dimensional seismic full-wave models in a grid environment;
- VIRGO.UA – Cosmology and astrophysics.
UNG has joined the EGI Council in 2018 as an Associated Participant after a fruitful collaboration going back for many years.
Experience \ Use Cases
Examples of how researchers use our services can be found in the EGI Use Cases publication.
See also examples of how EGI supports research infrastructures.
Ongoing EOSC DIH pilots here.