Support for researchers
EGI’s support community is organised at country level. National e-Infrastructure (NGI) in Ukraine – Ukrainian National Grid, offers support to local researchers services in the following areas:
- Computing and storage resources
- Consultancy services
- Software development
- Integration of applications (porting)
The Ukrainian National Grid (UNG) is an e-infrastructure set up to share and manage the resources of 26 Ukrainian institutes and universities. The UNG has 14 clusters fully integrated in the EGI Federation since June 2012. The Ukrainian resources are available to researchers through 9 Virtual Organisations (VOs):
- CMS and ALICE – High-energy physics
- MolDynGrid – Molecular biology;
- Medgrid – Medical grid-system for research in the field of cardiology;
- SysBio – Reconstruction of gene regulation networks;
- MatModEn – Mathematical modeling in energy problems;
- CompuChemGridUA — Quantum chemistry;
- Мultiscale – Solution of a wide range of scientific and applied problems;
- GEOPARD – Calculation of three-dimensional seismic full-wave models in a grid environment;
- VIRGO.UA – Cosmology and astrophysics.
Ukraine has joined the EGI Council in 2018 as an Associated Participant after a fruitful collaboration going back for many years.
Ukrainian National Grid was founded as the targeted state scientific and technological project (program) on the development and implementation of grid-technologies adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine in 2009.