Run virtual machines on demand with complete control over computing resources
Run Docker containers in a lightweight virtualised environment
Execute thousands of computational tasks to analyse large datasets
Manage computing workloads in an efficient way
- Storage and Data
Store, share and access your files and their metadata on a global scale
Transfer large sets of data from one place to another
Access key scientific datasets in a scalable way
Login with your own credentials
Share online applications for your data and compute-intensive research
Create interactive documents with live code, visualisations and text
Learn how to manage IT services with a pragmatic and lightweight standard
Learn how to manage and secure information assets
Dedicated computing and storage for training and education
The services can be requested by everyone involved in academic research and businesses via the EGI Marketplace.
Examples of how researchers use our services can be found in the EGI Use Cases publication.
See also examples of how EGI supports research infrastructures.
The EGI Federated Cloud
The EGI Federated Cloud is a IaaS-type cloud, made of academic private clouds and virtualised resources and built around open standards. Its development is driven by requirements of the scientific community.
The result is a new type of research e-infrastructure, based on the mature federated operations services that make EGI a reliable resource for science.
When using EGI Federated Cloud resources, researchers and research communities can count on:
- Total control over deployed applications
- Elastic resource consumption based on real need
- Immediately processed workloads – no more waiting time
- An extended e-Infrastructure across resource providers in Europe
- Service performance scaled with elastic resource consumption
The EGI Federation is an international e-Infrastructure set up to provide advanced computing and data analytics services for research and innovation. The EGI e-infrastructure is publicly-funded and comprises hundreds of data centres and cloud providers spread across Europe and worldwide.
- The EGI Federation offers a wide range of services for compute, storage, data and support. More about EGI Services.
- The EGI Federation provides access to +1,000,000 computing cores and +740 PB of disk and tape storage. More about the federation.
Ukraine has joined the EGI Council in 2018 as an Associated Participant after a fruitful collaboration going back for many years.