The main research objectives:
1) physicochemical bases of technology of formation of inorganic materials, research of phase equilibria, surface and contact phenomena in multicomponent systems;
2) strength physics, creation of structural materials with high specific strength, nanocrystalline metals;
3) the latest technologies of powder metallurgy, metal and composite materials and powder coatings;
4) high-temperature composite materials, non-oxide ceramics and cermets;
5) consolidated and dispersed nanostructured materials, nanoceramics and nanocomposites;
6) hydrogen materials science and hydrogen technologies of synthesis and processing of materials.