Basic scientific directions:
1) Electronic structure and properties of metals and metal-based compounds.
2) Nanoscale and nanostructured systems.
3) Atomic constitution of metals and metal-containing heterophase structures.
4) Physics of strength and plasticity of metals and alloys.
The main research objectives :
1) Development of physical bases and searching for principally new means of creation of the metallic materials with a high level of physical and mechanical properties, which are able to operate in complicated thermal-force and radiation conditions.
2) Development of the principally new facilities for modern engineering on the base of these materials.
3) Updating of the existing technological regimes and pattern of fabrication of the metallic products and facilities on their base.