Basic scientific directions:
1) study of liquid state of multicomponent steels and alloys; interaction of melts with soluble and unsoluble, liquid and gaseous reagents;
2) improvement of existing and elaboration of new ferrous and non-ferrous alloys on the basis of complex and economic alloying, modifying, dispersion strengthening, artificial introduction into metallic melts of granules, particles, etc.;
3) study of physical, chemical, heat and mass exchanging processes and their influence on properties and on characteristics of metallic melts during their laser, plasma and electron-beam treatment;
elaboration of scientific principles of creation of new ferrous and non-ferrous alloys;
4) researches of influence of power and electromagnetic fields, centrifugal forces, controllable heat treatment on hydrodynamic, heat-exchanging and solidification processes of molten metals;
5) researches on external effects influence on liquid and crystallized metals.